Network with the SMRT Sequencing Community at Our Upcoming Events
Thursday, September 1, 2016
We’re lucky to have such a vibrant community of SMRT Sequencing users, and there’s nothing better than getting them together to share tips, exchange ideas, and develop new applications. These upcoming events will facilitate just that — and we hope you can join us!
Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center at Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
Our annual West Coast event taking place next week will include the usual day-long user group meeting as well as half-day workshops on bioinformatics and sample preparation, which will take place on September 7th at PacBio headquarters in Menlo Park. In addition to PacBio speakers who will update attendees on the technology roadmap and new applications of SMRT Sequencing, confirmed customer presentations include:
- Yahya Anvar (Leiden University Medical Center)
- Christine Beck (Baylor College of Medicine)
- Dario Cantu (UC Davis)
- Alexandra Dainis (Stanford University)
- Timothy Smith (USDA-ARS)
- Tina Graves-Lindsay (McDonnell Genome Institute)
- Stephen Mondo (Joint Genome Institute)
- Amanda Larracuente (University of Rochester)
- Jason Underwood (PacBio/University of Washington)
Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg
This one-day event will take place right before the Genome in a Bottle Workshop hosted at the NIST campus. With a focus on collaborative informatics for developing and improving data analysis tools for SMRT Sequencing, topics will range from de novo assembly and genome phasing to structural variation, Iso-Seq analysis, and much more. Confirmed speakers include:
- Gene Myers (Max Planck Institute)
- Kin Fai Au (University of Iowa)
- Ali Bashir (Mount Sinai School of Medicine)
- Brett Bowman (PacBio)
- Andrew Carroll (DNAnexus)
- Jason Chin (PacBio)
- Richard Hall (PacBio)
- Sergey Koren (NHGRI)
- Maria Nattestad (CSHL)
- Nik Putnam (Dovetail Genomics)
- Mike Schatz (Johns Hopkins University)
- Yuta Suzuki (University of Tokyo)
- Elizabeth Tseng (PacBio)
- Aleksey Zimin (University of Maryland)
EMEA User Group Meeting
Hesperia Tower Hotel & Convention Center in Barcelona
Our Annual EMEA User Group Meeting will be returning to beautiful Barcelona this winter. Through a combination of presentations and breakout sessions, the meeting will provide a unique opportunity for our users to present how they are applying SMRT Sequencing to their research needs and to share best practices.
On Thursday December 1st, the event will kick off at 14:00 with presentations and workshops, followed by an evening reception. The following day will resume the presentations and workshops by both users and PacBio staff.
More information to come soon!