PacBio employee benefits
PacBio’s success was built on innovation. Our future success is dependent on the continuation of this tradition, and we can only achieve this goal by working in teams that foster diversity, creativity, and high performance. Our employees largely contribute to our success, and we understand the value that a comprehensive benefits package holds for our employees and their families.
While specific benefit offerings vary by country, we strive to provide:
- Competitive coverage. Plans that reflect current market practice and the level and type of benefits that companies like PacBio provide.
- Flexibility. PacBio recognizes the diversity of our employee population and has benefit choices that meet a wide variety of needs.
- Quality. PacBio strives to contract with leading health and benefits carrier partners who maintain high standards of service.
- Financial protection. Insurance and retirement plans that help keep you in good financial shape.
The following summarizes programs offered in the US
Healthcare and insurance plans
- Choice of HMO, PPO, and high deductible medical plans
- Health savings account, which includes employer funding
- Comprehensive dental and vision plans
- Employee assistance program
- Company-paid accident and life insurance programs, with options to purchase additional coverage at group coverage rates to further support and protect employees and their families
- Company-paid travel accidental death and dismemberment plan
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care reimbursements
- Pre-tax commuter transit and parking spending accounts
- Shuttle service to and from local Caltrain stations
- Bike lockers and shower facilities
- Electric car charging stations (FOC)
- Competitive pay including incentive and equity programs
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offers eligible team members the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
- 401(k) retirement plan
Time off Programs
- We welcome flexible work arrangements, subject to specifics of the role
- Generous holiday schedule
- Flexible time off or paid time off for all full-time employees
- Paid sick leave up to 80 hours per year
- New parent leave
- Wellness program with valuable health incentive opportunities
- Annual health fair
- Vaccination clinics
- Fully equipped on-campus fitness center
- Certified instructor-led fitness classes
- Course curriculum available through LinkedIn Learning
- Quarterly patent awards program
- Onsite cafeteria
- Food trucks
- Coffee bars
- BAGs (happy hours)