Understand the evolving pandemic with PacBio Sequencing
Introducing HiFiViral for SARS-CoV-2: a simple to use, scalable, cost-effective solution for sequencing the entire SARS-CoV-2 genome. This kitted solution provides robust performance on novel variants and comprehensive detection of all types of mutations.
Benefits for pathogen surveillance
Simple to use
The PacBio HiFiViral kit has less pipetting and fewer plate transfers than PCR-based enrichment assays. The add-only enrichment workflow further reduces handling errors with color-change indicators at every step.
Our fully kitted solution uses a MIPs-based method that combines the simplicity and cost effectiveness of PCR with the variant-robustness of deeply tiled target capture methods. Each base is covered by 22 probes.
Capture all variants
The combination of 675 bp inserts and the accuracy of HiFi sequencing enables comprehensive detection of all types of mutations and the ability to detect major and minor strains.
PacBio HiFi sequencing on the Sequel II Systems is a cost-effective solution that provides built-in surge capacity to scale throughput on a single platform.
Spotlight: Illustrating the New Workflow
This short video describes the simplicity of the new kitted solution, which will streamline your workflow and enable you to capture all variants, leading to the best quality results in your SARS-CoV-2 surveillance.
HiFiViral for SARS-CoV-2 workflow
Go from RNA samples to analysis results in 28-42 hours, with 1 to 2.5 hours hands on time.
Multiplex 24 – 384 samples per SMRT Cell 8M, or load up to 8 SMRT Cells per Sequel IIe System to process up to 3,072 samples per week.
Sequencing and analyze overnight with one touch using SMRT Link v10.2 to produce submission-ready files, along with a performance summary and QC tools.
The SARS-CoV-2 Enrichment Workflow
Future-proof your lab
We have only just scratched the surface of unveiling how powerful PacBio sequencing technology is for pathogen surveillance. If you’re looking for a robust yet cost-effective solution for sequencing SARS-CoV-2 that enables reliable detection of all variant types, get in touch for more information.
- Ko, Sung Hee et al. (2021) High-throughput, single-copy sequencing reveals SARS-CoV-2 spike variants coincident with mounting humoral immunity during acute COVID-19 PLOS Pathogens
- Le Nouën, Cyril et al. (2021) Rescue of codon-pair deoptimized respiratory syncytial virus by the emergence of genomes with very large internal deletions that complemented replication PNAS
- Greaney, Allison J. et al. (2021) Complete Mapping of Mutations to the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Receptor-Binding Domain that Escape Antibody Recognition Cell Host & Microbe
- Starr, Tyler N. et al. (2020) Deep Mutational Scanning of SARS-CoV-2 Receptor Binding Domain Reveals Constraints on Folding and ACE2 Binding Cell
- Gonzalez-Reiche, Ana S. et al. (2020) Introductions and early spread of SARS-CoV-2 in the New York City area Science
- Li, Yang et al. (2020) Comparison of third-generation sequencing approaches to identify viral pathogens under public health emergency conditions Virus Genes
- Le Nouën, Cyril et al. (2017) Genetic stability of genome-scale deoptimized RNA virus vaccine candidates under selective pressure. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- Betz-Stablein, B D et al. (2016) Single-molecule sequencing reveals complex genomic variation of hepatitis B virus during 15 years of chronic infection following liver transplantation. Journal of virology
- Lu, Xiaoyan et al. (2017) Spike gene deletion quasispecies in serum of patient with acute MERS-CoV infection. Journal of medical virology
- Tao, Ying et al. (2017) Surveillance of bat coronaviruses in Kenya identifies relatives of human coronaviruses NL63 and 229E and their recombination history. Journal of virology
- Poster: Kingan, Sarah et al. (2021) HiFiViral SARS-CoV-2: A Kitted Solution for Genome Surveillance that is Robust Across Sample Input Quantities and New Variants
- (2021) PacBio HiFiViral SARS-CoV-2 Kit
- Tseng, Elizabeth (2021) PacBio SMRT Link SARS-CoV-2 Workflow Overview
- Korlach, Jonas (2021) PacBio Sequencing for SARS-CoV-2 Surveillance
- Levandoski, Michael (2020) Webinar: Geographic and Temporal Mapping of the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic in the United States
- Hon, Ting and Tseng, Elizabeth and Underwood, Jason G. and Ashby, Meredith and Ziegle, Janet (2020) Video Poster: Capture long-read isoform sequencing (Iso-Seq) for uncovering human isoform diversity in the brain and characterizing SARS-CoV2 viral RNAs
- Tseng, Elizabeth and Wilson, Joan and Hon, Ting and Eng, Kevin and Lambert, Christine and Chakraborty, Shreyasee and Zhu, Lei and Toepfer, Armin and Xiang, Wenwen and Harting, John and Li, Qiang and Underwood, Jason G. and Baybayan, Primo and Ashby, Meredith and Bostick, Maggie and Farmer, Andrew (2020) Video Poster: Long-read sequencing of the SARS-CoV-2 genome and the human immune repertoire
- Ashby, Meredith and Laird-Smith, Melissa and Watson, Corey (2020) Webinar: Understanding SARS-CoV-2 and host immune response to COVID-19 with PacBio sequencing
- Ashby, Meredith (2020) Webinar: Opportunities for using PacBio Long-read sequencing for COVID-19 research