Sequencing Data You Can Trust
A New Paradigm in Sequencing with HiFi Reads
Advanced scientific discoveries require sequencing data that is both accurate and complete. SMRT Sequencing allows you to optimize your results with two sequencing modes so you no longer have to compromise read length for accuracy.
PacBio is the only sequencing technology to offer highly accurate long reads (HiFi reads) that provide Sanger-quality accuracy (>99%) with the read lengths needed for assembly of complex genomes.
What are HiFi Reads?
|Generate Highly Accurate Long Reads|
|Produce HiFi reads using the circular consensus sequencing (CCS) mode to provide base-level resolution with >99% single-molecule read accuracy for the detection of all variant types from single nucleotide to structural variants. Learn more about the advantages of long reads with high accuracy.|
Explore the Difference HiFi Reads Make:
- Publication: Accurate Circular Consensus Long-read Sequencing Improves Variant Detection and Assembly of a Human Genome
- Blog: PacBio HiFi Reads: ‘Most Effective Stand-Alone Technology for De Novo Assembly
- Webinar: Variant Calling and De Novo Genome Assembly with PacBio HiFi Reads
- Blog: One For All: HiFi Reads for De Novo Assembly and Comprehensive Variant Detection
- Blog: New Sequel II System Enables Rapid Characterization of Invasive Pests
- Webinar: Sequence with Confidence – Introducing the Sequel II System
- Presentation: HiFi Reads for Comprehensive Genomic Analysis
The 2019 HiFi for All SMRT Grant Program is Now Open!
Sequence All Life with Confidence Using HiFi Reads
Tell us how highly accurate long reads (HiFi reads) will drive new discoveries in your research for a chance to win free sequencing.
How to Achieve the Longest Reads?
|Optimize Your Run for Even Longer Reads|
|Sequence read lengths in the tens of kilobases using the continuous long read (CLR) sequencing mode to enable high-quality assembly of even the most complex genomes. With SMRT Sequencing you can expect half the data in reads >50 kb and the longest reads up to 175 kb. Learn more about the advantages of long reads.|
Where Can You Get Started with HiFi Reads?
Learn more about the Sequel II System
Contact a PacBio Certified Service Provider
Have Questions about SMRT Sequencing?
Connect with a PacBio Scientist:
- Wenger, Aaron M et al. (2019) Accurate circular consensus long-read sequencing improves variant detection and assembly of a human genome. Nature biotechnology
- Zhang, Xiujuan et al. (2019) Full-length transcriptome analysis of Litopenaeus vannamei reveals transcript variants involved in the innate immune system. Fish & shellfish immunology
- Mizuguchi, Takeshi et al. (2019) Detecting a long insertion variant in SAMD12 by SMRT sequencing: implications of long-read whole-genome sequencing for repeat expansion diseases. Journal of human genetics
- Mayor, Neema P et al. (2019) Recipients receiving better HLA-matched hematopoietic cell transplantation grafts, uncovered by a novel HLA typing method, have superior survival: A retrospective study Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Kosicki, Michael et al. (2018) Repair of double-strand breaks induced by CRISPR-Cas9 leads to large deletions and complex rearrangements. Nature biotechnology
- Nattestad, Maria et al. (2018) Complex rearrangements and oncogene amplifications revealed by long-read DNA and RNA sequencing of a breast cancer cell line. Genome research
- Sedlazeck, Fritz J et al. (2018) Accurate detection of complex structural variations using single-molecule sequencing. Nature methods
- Kronenberg, Zev N et al. (2018) High-resolution comparative analysis of great ape genomes. Science
- Ardui, Simon et al. (2018) Single molecule real-time (SMRT) sequencing comes of age: applications and utilities for medical diagnostics. Nucleic acids research
- Borràs, Daniel M et al. (2017) Detecting PKD1 variants in polycystic kidney disease patients by single-molecule long-read sequencing. Human mutation
- Huang, Da Wei et al. (2016) Towards better precision medicine: PacBio single-molecule long reads resolve the interpretation of HIV drug resistant mutation profiles at explicit quasispecies (haplotype) level. Journal of data mning in genomics & proteomics
- Koren, Sergey et al. (2015) One chromosome, one contig: complete microbial genomes from long-read sequencing and assembly. Current opinion in microbiology
- Hatas, Emily (2019) ASHG PacBio Workshop: Sequence with confidence – A new era of highly accurate long-read sequencing
- Vollger, Mitchell (2019) User Group Meeting: Improved assembly of segmental duplications using HiFi
- Korlach, Jonas (2019) User Group Meeting: Sequencing chemistry & application updates
- Ashby, Meredith (2019) User Group Meeting: Unbiased characterization of metagenome composition and function using HiFi sequencing on the PacBio Sequel II System