The scalable platform for Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing
Accelerate your research with the most comprehensive view of genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from our higher-throughput system. Reduce project costs and timelines as you create higher-quality whole genome assemblies and explore the full size-spectrum of genetic variation.
Sequel System: high-throughput, cost-effective access to SMRT Sequencing
The new Sequel System is based on our proven Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) technology and delivers about 7X more reads with 1 million zero-mode waveguides (ZMWs) per SMRT Cell. The Sequel System is ideal for projects such as rapidly and cost-effectively generating high-quality whole genome de novo assemblies.
This innovative sequencing system features automated reagent and SMRT Cell handling and an integrated software suite.
The Sequel System has two primary user access points:
- Sequel touchscreen interface (for initiating and monitoring runs)
- Sequel workdeck (for loading samples, SMRT Cells, reagents, and disposables)
Additional features of the Sequel System include:
- Intuitive run setup and monitoring tools
- Run-time flexibility (from 30 minutes to 10 hours per SMRT Cell)
- Run-size flexibility (from 1 to 16 SMRT Cells per run)
- Robotic workflow management
Sequel System applications:
- Create high-quality whole genome de novo assemblies of eukaryotic organisms
- Survey large population cohort studies for structural variants
- Sequence full-length transcriptomes or targeted transcripts
- Target regions not currently accessible by other technologies
- Detect genomic variation in complex populations on all size scales
- Detect epigenetic modifications
Download a brochure about the Sequel System.
Download the Sequel System product note.
Learn more about SMRT consumables offered for the Sequel System.
Discover the innovative software powering the Sequel System.
Explore the efficiency of the PacBio workflow.
SMRT Sequencing Project Calculators
Tell us about your sequencing project and receive an estimate on the time and materials needed to perform it using the Sequel System, including:
To learn more about how the Sequel System can further your research efforts, contact us.