Explore Earth’s Biodiversity
With highly accurate long reads, known as HiFi reads, you can sequence any organism in an ecosystem to uncover novel insights and propel your science. Apply for your chance to win free HiFi sequencing!
What Can You Do with HiFi Sequencing?
HiFi reads can be used across many of the Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing applications. Which will you choose?
|Whole Genome Sequencing|
Generate reference-quality genome assemblies
|Structural Variant Detection|
Explore large variants to uncover functional insights
Characterize whole transcriptomes and annotate genomes
Access hard to sequence genes and regions of interest
Explore microbiomes and phytobiomes in high resolution
Apply for the 2020 Plant and Animal Sciences SMRT Grant Program
Show us in 90 seconds or less how HiFi sequencing of your favorite organism will advance your science for a chance to win library preparation, up to 6 SMRT Cells 8M, sequencing on the Sequel II System, and bioinformatics support.
Watch this short video to learn more about this SMRT Grant Program and 90-second video abstracts
Details on How to Apply:
- We encourage scientists of all career stages to apply!
- You can read the official rules, or reach out if you have questions about this SMRT Grant
- Videos must be 90 seconds or less and cannot exceed 40 Mb in size
- Video submissions should include:
- Your name and institution
- An introduction to your research and organism you want to sequence
- The SMRT Sequencing application you would like to use
- How HiFi sequencing will advance your research
- Five finalists will be selected from all qualified submissions by a panel of PacBio scientists, to be shared and voted on by the public to choose a winner
- The submission window closes: Friday, July 24, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PDT
Need Inspiration? Check out the video abstracts from our 2019 Finalists
SMRT Grant Co-Sponsor
|The DNA Sequencing Center at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah was established to support the research needs of faculty and students including advising and training in DNA and RNA sample preparation and library construction. We’re providing high-quality DNA sequencing results to fit the budget and specifications for researchers around the world. We’re a PacBio Certified Service Provider with many years of experience in sequencing a variety of organisms including bacteria, invertebrates, vertebrates, and plants.|
Submit Your Video Abstract
Note: Each entry must be associated with a unique email address.