Sequence All Life with Confidence
Could your collaborative research benefit from high-quality genomic or transcriptomic data? Apply for this SMRT Grant for your chance to win free, highly accurate long reads (HiFi reads) to power your next great discovery.
HiFi Reads Offer the Benefits of Short Reads and Long Reads in One Easy-to-Use Technology
HiFi reads provide high accuracy (>99.9%) for detection of all variant types and the long reads (up to 25 kb) needed to assemble even the most complex genomes and whole transcriptomes.
PacBio is the only sequencing technology to offer HiFi reads.
SMRT Sequencing Applications
HiFi reads can be used across the range of the SMRT Sequencing applications
|Whole Genome Sequencing for generation of reference-quality de novo genome assemblies|
|Variant Detection for comprehensive detection of all variants – from SNVs to structural variants|
|RNA Sequencing to gain a complete view of transcript isoform diversity – no assembly required|
|Targeted Sequencing for accurate discovery and detection of all variant types even in the hardest to reach regions of the genome|
|Complex Populations to resolve the complexity of bacterial, viral, and cancer cell populations|
|Epigenetics through direct detection of DNA modification during sequencing|
The 2020 HiFi for All – Collaborations SMRT Grant Program is Open – Apply Now
To support outstanding collaborations, we are offering this SMRT Grant Program to empower groups of up to ten scientists with HiFi reads to explore genomes, transcriptomes, or epigenomes. This Grant offers the opportunity to win:
- SMRTbell library preparation
- Up to 10 SMRT Cells 8M
- Sequencing on the Sequel II System
- Analysis support from a PacBio bioinformatician
There are 3 Chances to Win – One per region, as determined by the submitting authors geographical location. Sequencing will be provided by a PacBio Service Provider in that region.
Learn More about the Co-Sponsors
|University of Louisville’s Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics joins the PacBio Service Provider team with the first Sequel II System in Kentucky. With 7+ years of experience with PacBio technologies, their team offers all standard SMRT Sequencing applications, preparation methods, sequencing, and analysis pipelines.|
|The GENTYANE facility is part of the Institut National de Recherche pour l’Agriculture, l’Alimentation et l’Environnement (INRAE) Genetic Diversity and Ecophysiology of Cereals unit. GENTYANE provides services, research & development and training activities to the scientific community and their partners in the fields of high-throughput genotyping, optical mapping and sequencing.|
|Nucleome Informatics is India’s most customer-friendly genomics and bioinformatics service provider. Nucleome aims for constant learning and developing scientific ideas to serve the customers with the best possible solutions that help to achieve their research objectives. With core-competencies in high through-put sequencing and bioinformatics, Nucleome serves as a valuable research partner of scientists working in agri-genomics and human genomics research and provides services to customers across the world.|
How to Apply
1. Identify the Collaborative Team:
- Each project proposal can have up to 10 total collaborators. This includes 1 submitting author and between 2-9 additional collaborators
- Collaborators should not be from the same lab group as the submitting author (e.g. Principal investigator and their own graduate student)
2. Submit the Project Proposal:
- The submitting author completes the form below, being sure to include a brief description of how each collaborator will contribute to the project and/or benefit from the sequencing data
3. Confirm Participation in Collaboration:
- Upon submission, the submitting author will receive an email confirmation they can forward to their collaborators to confirm their participation in the SMRT Grant Program
- Collaborators must complete this short form within 3 days of the proposal submission to be included as part of the proposal
Submit Project Proposal
Note: If submitting multiple proposals, please ensure you use a unique email address for each submission.
Don’t want to wait to get started with HiFi Sequencing? Connect with a PacBio scientist to get started today.