Sequel II System
Delivering Highly Accurate Long Reads
The Sequel II System provides the advantages of SMRT Sequencing and now makes it more affordable for all scientists to drive discovery with comprehensive views of genomes and transcriptomes.
- Produces the exceptional results customers have come to expect from PacBio Systems
- Generates ~8-times more data than the original Sequel System
- Provides access to even more highly accurate long reads (HiFi reads) – Learn more about HiFi reads
- Reduces project time for faster results
- Makes sequencing more affordable
- Supports the range of SMRT Sequencing applications
Sequel II System 2.0 Release
The Sequel II System 2.0 release features major improvements to system performance through our 2.0 consumables, SMRT Cell 8M, Sequel ICS v8.0, and SMRT Link v8.0. Combined, these enhancements make SMRT Sequencing more efficient and affordable.
With this release we have improved average read lengths up to 50% which allows you to generate more HiFi data per SMRT Cell 8M and enables:
- Sequencing of larger inserts (15-20 kb) to support de novo assembly applications with HiFi data
- High precision and recall for variant detection with fewer SMRT Cells per sample by using ~15 kb HiFi reads
- Characterization of a whole transcriptome in a single SMRT Cell 8M and increased detection of long isoforms
- Multiplexing two samples per SMRT Cell 8M for structural variant detection
- Multiplexing up to 48 microbial samples per SMRT Cell 8M for de novo assembly
What Can You Do with a Single SMRT Cell 8M?
Discover what’s now possible with a single SMRT Cell 8M, and learn about pricing for our SMRT Sequencing Applications.
See the 2.0 Chemistry Release Performance
Example data from genomic libraries generated using the continuous long read (CLR) and HiFi sequencing modes on the Sequel II System.
Highly Accurate Long Reads
Number of >99% (Q20) 15-20 kb Reads:
Up to 2 million
Data from a 20 kb size-selected human library using the SMRTbell Express Template Prep Kit 2.0 on a Sequel II System (2.0 Chemistry, Sequel II System Software v8.0, 30-hour movie)*
Long Read Lengths
Half the Data in Reads: >50 kb
Data per SMRT Cell: Up to 160 Gb
Data from a 35 kb size-selected E. coli library using the SMRTbell Express Template Prep Kit 2.0 on a Sequel II System (2.0 Chemistry, Sequel II System Software v8.0, 15-hour movie).
*Read lengths, reads/data per SMRT Cell 8M and other sequencing performance results may vary based on sample quality/type and insert size.
Free of Systematic Errors
Achieves >99.999% Accuracy (Q50)
Consensus accuracy is a function of coverage and chemistry. The data above are based on a haploid bacterial genome run on the Sequel II System (2.0 Chemistry, Sequel II System Software v8.0). HiFi accuracy has similar coverage requirements.
No Amplification Required
No Bias Based on GC Content
Mean coverage per GC window across a human sample. Data generated with a 20 kb HiFi library on a Sequel II System (2.0 Chemistry and Sequel II System Software v8.0).
Explore these Sequel II System Datasets
|Whole Genome Sequencing|
Ready to Get Started with the Sequel II System?
- Connect with a PacBio scientist to answer your questions
- Download SMRT Link v8.0 Software
- Explore the new SMRT Consumables
- Review the latest Documentation
Previous Release Infomation
Sequel System 6.0 Release
Don’t compromise read length for accuracy when you can have both.
The Sequel System 6.0 release features major improvements to system performance through our 3.0 consumables, SMRT Cell 1M v3, Sequel ICS v6.0, and SMRT Link v6.0. Combined, these enhancements enable:
- Up to 500,000 long (1–20 kb), single-molecule reads with high fidelity (>99% accuracy) for amplicon and RNA sequencing projects
- Up to 20 Gb per SMRT Cell 1M with average read lengths up to 30 kb and achieve high consensus accuracies (>99.999%) for whole genome sequencing projects
CLR Long Read Lengths
Half of data in reads: >45 kb
HiFi Long Read Lengths
Half of data in reads: >190 kb
Read length data from a 35 kb (left) and 15 kb (right) size-selected human library using the SMRTbell Express Template Prep Kit on a Sequel System*.
*Read lengths, reads/data per SMRT Cell and other performance results may vary based on sample quality/type and insert size.
HiFi Long Reads
Estimated number of HiFi long reads (Q20 or Q30) per Sequel SMRT Cell based on insert size and movie collection time.
High Consensus Accuracy
Consensus accuracy is a function of coverage and chemistry. The data above is based on a bacterial genome run on the Sequel System. Single-molecule accuracy has similar coverage requirements.
Learn more about SMRT Sequencing
Spotlight on Applications
|Whole Genome Sequencing
|Structural Variant Calling
Introducing the Iso-Seq 3 method featuring:
SMRT Sequencing 3.0 Consumables
|Product Name||Product Number|
|Sequel Binding and Internal Control Kit 3.0||101-626-600|
|Sequel Sequencing Kit 3.0 Bundle (5 packs, 4 rxn); (5 packs, 8 rxn)||101-642-400; 101-642-300|
|Sequel Sequencing Kit 3.0 (4 rxn); (8 rxn)||101-597-900; 101-597-800|
|SMRT Cell 1M v3 Tray||101-531-000|
|SMRT Cell 1M v3 LR Tray||101-531-001|