Intuitive solutions that drive your research
The PacBio RS II is powered by software designed to promote efficient and effective sequencing runs. These flexible tools produce results with the depth and detail needed to move your research forward.
Each PacBio RS II System includes the following software:
This software, with an integrated touchscreen interface, is the primary interaction point with the PacBio RS II. An easy-to-understand GUI effortlessly guides you through instrument loading and sequencing initiation, allowing you to efficiently manage your sequencing runs.
The RS Touch features:
- Comprehensive system monitoring for each SMRT Cell
- Intelligent tools, including system-wide barcode tracking
- Real-time sequencing videos
- Display of expected time to run completion
RS Remote is a Windows-based application that enables the design and monitoring of sequencing runs directly from your desktop. With this unique tool, you can tailor your sequencing runs to suit specific research needs.
With the RS Remote, you can:
- View primary analysis results from your desktop
- Set up automated secondary analysis and define data analysis parameters, including content and protocol settings
- Easily adjust your run with built-in intelligence that provides feedback on the time and components needed to complete a run
RS Dashboard is a web-based application that allows run monitoring and post-run evaluation from your desktop. With this information, you can continually monitor and adjust your sequencing runs over time, improving your process efficiency and the accuracy of your results.
RS Dashboard displays key run metrics for a given run, including:
- Run parameters
- Read length
- Quality metrics
- Trends for sequencing runs and PacBio RS II performance
Once sequencing is initiated, the system’s computational Blade Center performs real-time signal processing, base calling, and quality assessment. This analysis delivers high-quality sequence and kinetic information for DNA modification detection. For quick analysis of a sequenced SMRT Cell, this information is also available through the RS Touch and RS Remote interfaces.
Primary analysis data results include:
- Read length
- Polymerase speed
- Quality measurement
- Trace and pulse data
RS Insight is a remote instrument service that minimizes system downtime and the need for on-site service visits through remote diagnostics. With this tool, you gain access to PacBio’s comprehensive support system, for quick troubleshooting and feedback by PacBio support staff.
RS Insight offers:
- Faster issue resolutions (typically within one business day)
- Quick and easy remote software updates for the PacBio RS II
Learn more about PacBio software and data analysis.
Overview of PacBio RS primary analysis
To learn more about how the PacBio RS II can further your research efforts, contact us.