The original long-read sequencer
The PacBio RS II led to groundbreaking research as the scientific community pursued higher-quality genome analysis and studied the full size-spectrum of genetic variation. With this established technology, there are over 2000 scientific publications in a variety of research areas, such as human biomedical research, plant and animal genomics, and microbiology.
The PacBio RS II is ideal for whole genome sequencing of small genomes, targeted sequencing, complex population analysis, RNA sequencing of targeted transcripts, and microbial epigenetics.
The PacBio RS II features high-performance optics, automated liquid handling, proprietary SMRT Cells and reagents, and intuitive instrument control software.
The PacBio RS II contains three primary user access points:
- RS Touch — instrument software with a touchscreen interface (for initiating and monitoring runs)
- Reagent and sample drawer (for plate and sample loading)
- SMRT Cell and tip drawer (for consumables loading)
Additional features of the PacBio RS II include:
- Intuitive run setup tools
- Run-time flexibility (from 30 minutes to 6 hours per SMRT Cell)
- Run-size flexibility (from 1 to 16 SMRT Cells per run)
- Robotic workflow management
Learn more about the PacBio RS II System.
Learn more about the SMRT consumables offered for the PacBio RS II System.
Learn more about the innovative software powering the PacBio RS II System.
Learn more about the efficiency of the PacBio workflow.
Overview of PacBio RS Instrument Run
Using MagBeads to load SMRTbell templates in the PacBio RS II
Detecting epigenetics with SMRT Sequencing
To learn more about how the PacBio RS II can further your research efforts, contact us.