Effective tools to ease your work
The Sequel System software package includes SMRT Link, which enables a single point of access to a suite of PacBio software tools, as well as Sequel Instrument Control Software.
SMRT Link is a web-based application that allows you to perform all sequencing-related tasks from your laptop, desktop, or mobile device. It guides you through all steps of the sequencing workflow, from sample preparation to instrument(s) monitoring and run QC, to final data analysis and results. SMRT Link is designed for use in either low- or high-throughput labs, supporting a single Sequel System or multiple instruments.
Sequel Instrument Control Software (ICS) allows you to intiate and monitor runs and assess run performance. It also includes primary analysis software that performs signal processing and basecalling and generates BAM files.
Sample Setup provides you with a simple calculator to efficiently use sample libraries for downstream sequencing.
Sample Setup offers:
- Flexible sample inputs
- The ability to save and retrieve sample calculations
- Easy-to-use guided protocols
Run Design provides you with a simple workflow for designing and saving runs.
Run Design allows you to:
- Design runs tailored to your sample
- Save your favorite run parameters for easy setup
- Setup automated secondary analysis
- Design runs for multiple instruments
Run QC allows you to monitor your instrument(s) and check the status of the current run from the convenience of your desk. This information allows for monitoring of sequencing run statistics and instrument status. It displays key run metrics including:
- Run parameters
- Read length
- Read-quality metrics
- Trends for sequencing runs and Sequel performance
The Data Management module lets you organize your run data in SMRT Link and create data sets and projects. Additionally, you can manage access permissions and share your data with other users of SMRT Link.
The features of Data Management give you the ability to:
- Create data sets from SMRT Cells, samples within the SMRT Cell, or runs
- Generate data set reports, including key QC metrics
- Organize data sets in projects
- Manage access permissions to projects by sharing the data with SMRT Link users
The Data Analysis module includes PacBio’s secondary analysis — SMRT Analysis. It provides advanced analytical applications for processing your data and obtaining scientific results.
With SMRT Analysis, you can:
- Perform de novo assembly for genomes of various sizes
- Align reads to a reference sequence
- Identify genome variants
- Detect DNA methylation
Learn more about SMRT Analysis.
Sequel Instrument Control Software (ICS)
Sequel ICS controls the instrument touch screen, allowing you to initiate and monitor runs. It also guides users through:
- Selecting a saved run design from SMRT Link
- Instrument workdeck loading
- Real-time run feedback and run metrics
- Post-run instrument clean-up
Sequel ICS also performs primary analysis. Once sequencing is initiated, the system’s built-in computational Blade Center performs real-time signal processing, base calling, and quality assessment. This analysis delivers high-quality sequence and kinetic information, producing a complete picture of your sequencing run. Completed SMRT Cell run information is available through the on-instrument touchscreen and SMRT Link interfaces.
Primary analysis run data includes:
- Read-length distribution
- Polymerase speed information
- Read-quality metrics
- Base calling results in BAM file format
Sequel Insight is a remote instrument service that minimizes system downtime and the need for on-site service visits through remote diagnostics. With this tool, you gain access to quick troubleshooting and feedback from PacBio support staff.
Sequel Insight offers:
- Faster issue resolutions (typically within one business day)
- Quick and easy remote software updates for the Sequel System
To learn more about how the Sequel System can further your research efforts, contact us.